Create a beautiful weekly self-care ritual by making an herbal facial steam. Facial steams open up the pores and encourage nutrients from the herbs to nourish the skin. They cleanse, tonight and rejuvenate the skin. Herbal steams also provide you with lovely aromatherapy, relaxing the mind and soothing the spirit. This recipe includes antioxidant-rich rose petals, nutrient-dense chrysanthemum, inflammation-decreasing lavender, and nurturing calendula petals. Breathe deep the floral steam and know that you are being cared for by God's creations.
How to Steam:
1. Choose a time where you aren’t disturbed by anyone. Create a sacred space just for your #SelfCare. (Example: light a few candles, play soothing music or even grab a glass of wine. Use this time to care for you.)
2. Start with a freshly washed face. Using your favorite cleanser of choice. Bring 2 cups of purified water to a boil. (Use a pot with a lid)
3. Add the herbs from your "Steaming Shot".
4. Cover and simmer on stove for 2-3 minutes.
5. Transfer pot to a heat proof surface.
6. Remove lid and lean over pot and drape a large towel over your head, creating a tent. Breath in and enjoy the floral steam. (You may raise the towel a bit if the steam is too hot) Do this for 5-8 minutes.
7. Follow with your choice our Rose Water Spray and Facial Oil or your favorite toner and moisturizer.